1. The week after our trip to SA we all got sick - Danny and I started the week with colds, by the end I had some sort of stomach bug, then Madison got a bad upper respiratory infection that left her with a fever most of the next week, which meant she had to stay home ALL week, being clingy and fussy, while I tried to get work done. Not. Easy.
2. The end of her second sick week - which was the week of the first really bad cold weather - our heater went out on the coldest day. Thank goodness Danny was home since work told him not to come in. I don't think I could have handled it all on my own that day.
3. About 1.5 weeks ago, we discovered that Madison LOVES wheat ritz crackers and gets better at feeding them to herself every day. She also tried yogurt (which she thinks is just okay), tried cottage cheese once but that wasn't happening, and then this morning a wheat pancake which she also loved! :)
4. A few weeks ago we put away the whale tub and put her in this mini-inflatable tub that basically serves as an intermediary between the whale and the adult tub. She loved the adult tub with Brittany in SA but I don't want to have to fill that thing each time.
5. I tried cutting her back to 4 bottles (from 5) the week before last but that DIDN'T WORK! She was a fuss-bucket. But I think she may have gone through a growth spurt because we flew through the size 6-9 mo clothes and are now filling out the 9-12 month ones!!! She JUST turned 8 months old. I was able to weigh her a few weeks ago due to her being sick and it was 18lb 12.5oz!
6. This week, She learned to push herself in to a sitting position which is good and bad. She is more content to play by herself since she can get back up when she topples over but she now decides that nap time is a great time to sit up in her crib and play. She will eventually fall asleep by collapsing face first in to the mattress with her knees tucked under her. Well when she naturally wakes in her sleep around 30-45 min in, she wakes screaming. I guess because she is uncomfortable and it's harder to fall back asleep? Who knows...
7. She's SOOOO close to crawling! I give it 1-2 more weeks...
8. Finally, I made the tough decision to put her in full time day care starting next Tuesday (they are closed Monday because of presidents day). I hate doing it but work is busier than ever and she's awake more than ever. I know she enjoys being around other kids and I feel like she will start sleeping at day care if i take her every day at the same time. My goal is to get my work done, try to get a work out in, get dinner prepped and be able to pick her up by 3-ish every day. We shall see how that goes. Thank goodness the day care has online viewing for the parents so I can check in on her throughout the day. I sure will miss her though :(
I think those are all the major updates. Will upload pics soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment