Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another month gone by...

I'm terrible at updating this thing!

In the last post I mentioned that we were going to get to visit with Danny's cousin's family - Greg, Libby, and their daughter Emily who is 1 month younger. It was a great visit and so nice to meet miss Emily! She's adorable!

Mary has been down twice since my last post!! :) We love having her visit! She and Madison have so much fun together and Mommy and Daddy get a little break!

In the last month, Madison has become much more vocal! I think it's funny because she's either super quiet or super loud! When we went in for our 9 month ped visit, the doctor asked me (with a concerned look on his face) if she ever babbled, because of course she decided to be quiet when he was in the room. Anyone who has seen her in the past month would know that he has nothing to worry about!! She's got both mama and dada down for sure! I think she's starting to understand that I am mama and say it more discriminately...dada is still pretty random! We swear she said ty-ty the other day when she was reaching for our cat Tiger but it's not like she says it every time. She definitely LOVES her animals though! She gets SO excited when she sees them :) Just like her mama!!! Maybe she will enjoy a trip to the zoo (this time) if we go again soon...

Going back to the 9 month check-up - I never posted her new stats! I can't remember the exact numbers now but I think it was 19lb 14oz and 28.75 in. Numerically speaking, there wasn't as much growth between the 6 and 9 month visits as I had expected. She feels much bigger though and has certainly gone through the clothing sizes. She's filling out the 12 month, no problem. Length wise, she actually fits better in 18 mo clothes but her waist still fits in some 9 month pants and her tummy fits best in a 12 mo shirt. So, she's already difficult to find clothes for :) I've learned 2 piece outfits are best, or dresses. One-sies aren't worth it anymore since she outgrows them in length so fast. And we need longer tops, for sure!

Madison is still crawling up a storm but LOVES to stand up and cruise around now. This past weekend she even started pushing a walker toy we bought for her! I will post a video :) I know she has the strength to stand on her own but she doesn't have the balance or confidence yet. I think once she learns to stand solo we will have a walker on our hands quickly!

Also this past weekend, she finally learned how to drink out of a straw cup. We'd been trying sippy cups for about 1 month now, but she never got the hang of it. I even bought like 5-6 different kinds to try! I had tried the straw cup earlier too but decided to try it again about 1 week ago and after much patience and persistence (and her watching me do it), she finally sipped out of the straw last Thursday or Friday - but only little short sips and that was it. Then Saturday, she just started guzzling it! Well, it seemed like guzzling compared to the mini-sips she was taking before but she still drinks really slow from it compared to the bottle. At least she likes it now! She grabs the cup to drink herself :) I've tried giving her formula in the straw cup but she will only take a few oz (and it takes a LONG time) before she's over it. I eventually put the rest in a bottle for her to finish, but we will keep working on it. I'm just glad we can skip the sippy cup stage all together. I never have to wean her off a straw! Heck, I STILL love to use a straw :)

She still doesn't have any teeth but has been much more open to new foods and always wants to try whatever mommy and daddy are eating. I have to make sure I always have snacks she can eat with me if she goes out to eat with us. We've let her try some of the things we eat but only if we feel she can get it down okay. She LOVES refried beans!!! I usually don't even order them with my meal but now I get them for her! She will push a bottle away if she sees beans - and she recognizes them immediately! As soon as they bring my plate to the table she gets super excited! She's also more open to the baby puree meats - if mixed with something else - and likes the 3rd foods more now too. We've also been giving her whole (cooked well), sliced, carrots and green beans so she can pick them up and feed it to herself and she really loves them both - especially carrots :)

We took her to YMCA indoor pool - finally - this past weekend! We've been talking about it for months now! It's supposed to be a heated pool but it felt cold! She definitely didn't HATE it but she didn't seem to love it either. Maybe if it had been warmer...she just sat in her little float looking around with this indifferent look on her face, lol! Of course, she perked right up when we got her in to her nice, warm bath later on at home :) I'm sure she will grow to love the pool eventually!

We've got a busy month ahead so this will probably be my last post for at least another month, lol! Tis' the season for weddings and baby showers :) I can't believe I'm already having to think about her 1st birthday party too!!! WILD!!!

Here's a few pics from the last month - just uploaded a bunch to flickr (including more video)





No comments:

Post a Comment