So we had a super busy Christmas! 4 cities in 4 days, approx. 15-16 hrs in the car total! Most of the cities were in central TX (around the Waco area) but we also made a day trip to the Dallas area to see my family. Madison did really well! We tried to time everything around her naps and if she was awake for more than 30-45 minutes then someone was usually in the back with her. I think she definitely enjoys traveling more now in her big car seat since she can see more. She also slept really well in the pack N play which I was nervous about. I brought her sound machine and she had zero problems :) Regarding presents, she racked up - especially in the clothes department! I think I have enough pj's in the 6-9 mo range that I wouldn't have to do laundry for several weeks :) Too bad she will grow out of them so quickly! She also got a few new toys and a swim float and diaper that I can't wait to try out at the YMCA's indoor pool! And a shopping cart cover with cushions to support her. I never really cared about having a cart cover for germ reasons (I think kids need to be exposed to germs to an extent), but I wanted this since she outgrew her infant seat and there was really no easy way for her to go in a store with me since she couldn't sit in the cart for super long without the support. I've only tried it out once so far and she seemed to really like it! :)
There's not much to update on the milestone front, except that she is sitting like a champ now! She can completely twist her torso and sit for a super long time without falling over. She can also stand really well leaning on to something/someone, but getting her to crawl has been a different story! That girl is stubborn! She just does not want to move on her tummy. She does this hilarious thing where she tries to pull her feet/legs under her when flipping from tummy to back (like she would need to do to crawl) except she won't bend her knees so she ends up with her butt way up in the air, one arm awkwardly tucked to her side blocking her complete turn, and head to the ground. It's hard to describe...but I am working with her trying everything I can think of to get her on all fours. I have a feeling she will either skip crawling all together or crawl for a very short time. She needs to learn to get in to a sitting position on her own before she can pull herself up to stand/walk though, right??
It's crazy how fast they grow! I spent the entire (long) last weekend re-organizing the garage and attic to put up stuff she's already outgrown (mostly clothes) and make room for other stuff that will be going up there within the next 6 mos or so (like the swing and jumper). I purposefully bought as much gender neutral stuff as possible to save for the next child but finding a place to store it in the meantime isn't easy! And I want to keep girly stuff too, just in case ;) Never know what the next one will be, plus I've got several good girlfriends having babies this year! We are not allowed to move until we are done having kids so that I can get rid of all this stuff before then!!
One other thing - we got our family photos/her 6 month photos back the day before we left for Christmas! They are posted on my Flickr account here:
I will post pictures from the holidays ASAP!
Well, this is surprisingly going to be a shorter post. Not much new to report and I am one tired mama! I was thinking to myself last weekend that the bag of dog food I bought didn't seem nearly as heavy as it used to now that Madison is getting so big! I think I get an upper body workout daily :) I think work is going to start getting pretty hectic here in the next few weeks so I'm going to have to start taking her back to day care more often again, which I'm not looking forward to :( But I know she gets lots of entertainment and social interaction, so hopefully that makes up for the lack of napping she does there.
Here's a few new pics (playing with some of her new stuff)
puzzle playmat
look at me stand!




Sounds like the holidays went great!! Sorry we didn't ever get together. I miss yall.how about this month? We love our shopping Cart cover with pillows, too!! And Brittany went through the awkward sitting/non crawling stage too so no worries!! She'll figure out whatever she deems necessary!! You were describing that and I just giggled. Sounded sooooo familar. Love yall!!
ReplyDelete