We will start with 2 weeks ago, Monday. I had to take madison to the dermatologist at Texas childrens hospital in the medical center to have this bluish lump by her eye looked at. We noticed it almost 2 months ago now. It hasn't gotten better but it hasn't gotten worse either. Well, turns out it is a type of "birth mark" called a hemangioma (the name makes it sound worse than it is). Its apparently very common in girls and on the face. They usually show up several weeks after birth, grow rapidly the first 6 months or so, and eventually fade over 2-3 years. Its not harmful but we need to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't effect her vision since its so close to her eye. I don't think its grown anymore over the past few months so hopefully its done. Going to TCH really puts things in to perspective though. If that's the worst we have to deal with then we are so lucky!!
So throughout that week, madison's sleeping was getting increasingly worse, both day and night. I think she went through a major growth spurt because she was eating like she was starving!! Then, by that Friday night she was awful!! She wouldn't stop crying and would wake up every 10-15 minutes after we put her down for the night. By Saturday morning she was clearly not feeling well - congested, coughing, low grade fever - she ended up sleeping a lot that day but Sunday was the worst, especially that night. She sounded awful and woke up 6 times from 6:30PM-1:30am. Took her to the doc on monday (12lb 14oz by the way!!!). She definitely had a cold and we think an ear infection (her ear canals were so small he couldn't see well enough to tell for sure). So she's on her first dose of amoxicillin (pink bubblegum meds). She takes it like a champ though! Don't even have to mix with miilk.
So on top of her being sick, so have I! I guess she gave it to me so we've been going through this all together this week. She was doing much better by mid-week. I still have a runny nose and my ears have been constantly popping the past 4 days. At least I'm capable of blowing my nose though. She won't let me suction hers.
We've also had some good and exciting things happening!! I mentioned that we are in the car as I write this. We left town because we are finally having our floor fixed and turning this extra room in to a play room for madison!! There's a large closet that runs behind the room. We are breaking up that closet and dedicating part of it to the play room (put a door in) with shelving instead of clothes rods. My friends dad is a contractor so since I trusted him I felt it would be easier on all of us if we left town for th weekend while he worked. It should all be done (except carpet will be laid tomorrow) by the time we get home so I'm super excited to see it :)
We had a great time in Clifton! Madison did really well in the car (I sat in the back and entertained her). And the other exciting news is she has slept all through the night (9-12 hours) the past 4 nights straight!! I'm so proud of her! And this is without crying! She soothes herself to sleep and wakes up happy :) I'm trying not to get too excited since I know it may not last. But its a step in the right direction. Also, on the way home today we stopped in Calvert to give her a bottle and as I had her bouncing on my leg, playing a little before she went back in her car seat, we got our first little giggles!! It was so exciting! I'm so happy we were both there to witness it :) we've been trying to get more out of her ever since but haven't had any luck. I'm sure it will be a regular thing soon though!
Well, we are home and 5 hrs later I'm finally finishing this blog update. We came home to find that our yard caved in again. Water company is coming back tomorrow. Hopefully they fix it right this time!! The remodeling turned out great! Can't wait to get the carpet in and get the house back in order again :)
Pics to come (of madison and the house) as soon as I get more time again! This mom is beat!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
No comments:
Post a Comment