Well, to start, we are very happy with our little remodel (new playroom, coat closet; etc). Although I haven't really had time to organize things. I fully utilized the closets to stuff crap in to just until I have time to organize it :) I need to figure out a solution for all of our cable/internet stuff in Maddie's playroom. It has to stay in there due to the layout of the house and it's just sitting on the floor for now but this is obviously not going to work when she starts getting around. I had thought about putting it inside the closet but there's not enough space under the door (between the carpet) to put cables so I need to find some sort of lockable cabinet I guess. I'm open to suggestions! It's amazing how quickly her stuff fills it up. We also had to go ahead and get a gate for the archway in to the room because the dogs will not leave you alone when you're on the floor playing with her in there. It's been really nice to be able to get down on the floor with her comfortably! Here's a pic - the before pic was taken back when we first moved in - the whole room was red and the closet from the guest bedroom ran the entire length of that wall behind the desk. We took about 1/3 of that closet and dedicated it to the playroom, put shelves in instead of clothes rods and both closets are still a very good size!
Our sinkhole ended up taking up about 3 days to completely resolve when we got back from Clifton to find it had re-emerged. I seriously didn't have the time to deal with it alone. Thankfully my neighbor's brother (who also lives in the neighborhood and is retired) came over and helped to supervise and keep things moving. Turns out our sewage lines were cracked (our side was completely severed - I don't know how we didn't have any back-up issues). So the water company had to completely dig up the 3 holes on my street (our hole was by far the worst), repair the pipes and put the dirt back in. At one point, we had to have had about 5 water company vehicles (including a tractor) at our house! But I'm so glad we got it taken care of - properly this time. I was prepared to fight!! Now, we are just waiting on landscaping to come back and put sod back down, which may take a few weeks.
Here was the hole before they fixed it (deeper than it looks here - not really sure a picture does it justice):
We went back to CS for the day last Sunday to celebrate Danny's Granny's 76th bday. It was great to see everyone - saw a lot of family that hadn't met Madison yet and also met her 8 week old 2nd cousin named Daniel - he was a cutie! She took the opportunity to wear her cute aTm cheerleader outfit (thanks Steph)! We had both Aggies and Longhorns at the party but everyone thought she looked cute :)
This week has been CRAZY!! Work had been slow for a few weeks up until this week and we got about 15 new jobs to work on and had a big client meeting on the other side of town on Tuesday. So, with the client meeting and just the every-day time that Madison takes up, my work time was limited, but I managed to have a pretty productive week (somehow). I guess I'm learning to work better under pressure, but it sure is exhausting!!! The nice thing is Madison has been pretty routine - sleeping 8pm-7am (no waking - yay!), and pretty regular (albeit short) naps. I've been trying to get myself motivated to wake up early and work out, but I have to admit I've been staying up later to try to get work done and therefore can't seem to drag myself out of bed until she wakes up. I also got a true taste of what it will probably be like when we have a 2nd kid. Wednesday night, I was doing some searches for candidates in bed and I noticed Bismarck kept licking his foot and when he stood up he wouldn't put any weight on it. Sure enough, he must have snagged his nail and it was barely hanging out and bleeding. I bandaged it the best I could and considered waiting until morning to take him to the vet but it seemed to be hurting him and since it was bleeding we were worried about infection. Plus, if I waited until the next day that would be even less time I could spend working and I would have to put Madison back in day care to take him to the vet by myself (until he got the nail pulled off we had to carry him since he wouldn't walk on it). So, at 10pm, we headed off to the animal emergency hospital (the closest one about 20 minutes away) and didn't get home until 1am. Ugh! And then, after 1 day of the pain meds they gave us for him, on Friday he had diarrhea (caused by the meds) and it was ALL OVER his LONG hair on his backside and tail. So I had to get her down for a nap and throw him in the tub and give him a quick bath - he hates baths by the way. It was just...crazy. And my old cat (18 years) has been a whole new cat since we took her to the vet a few weeks ago. She's now on Pepcid AC and hasn't thrown up in 2 weeks and is now hungry every 2 hrs!! We've always had trouble getting her to eat and keep it down so I'm happy it's working but every time I walk in to the kitchen she's begging for food! I swear it's like I have 5 kids with all these animals, lol!
As far as Madison updates are concerned:
- we have not been able to get any more full on laughs out of her although the girls at day care claim they have (jealous!). She will squeal with delight and "talk" to us, and give us huge grins all day long, but I can't get her to laugh! I think it's still a little early to be expecting it but I'm really looking forward to the day we get some consistent giggles :) They are just too cute!
- She doesn't need the pillow or anything anymore under her jumperoo - her toes just barely reach!
- I think she's really trying to roll over!! She's also enjoying tummy time more now that she can raise her head/chest high enough to be able to see all around (although she still doesn't want to stay on her tummy for long).
- I've, once again, tried naps in the crib but haven't been successful. Day care said she napped in the crib for an hour straight the other day!! I think their mattresses are softer so part of me thinks she doesn't like ours because the mattress is too firm but they say it's super important to have a really firm mattress at this age. I don't know what to do. I guess I should really just wait to transition her until she starts rolling and then maybe she'll find a position that she likes. But she's getting so heavy it's hard to get down that low to put her in/out of the hammock!
- She has been sucking on her fingers for the past few weeks but has progressed to putting her entire fist in her mouth this week. Sometimes she tries to put both hands in :) It's pretty funny! She also likes to stick one hand in her mouth and grab a foot with the other and just hang out like that for a while! Whatever makes her happy :) She also likes to suck/knaw on our fingers - could this be the early signs of teething??
- We tried introducing a spoon this week, which was hilarious! We would put a little formula in the spoon and she would open up but didn't quite understand the swallowing part. We've done it a few times and she seems to get better each time and regardless, she seems to have fun with it!
- Her hair is finally growing more!! It's kind of funny looking in the back but at least it's coming in!
- Finally, I guess the final update is she really seems to love watching sports on TV - especially football! She's sitting on Daddy's lap watching the Texans game as we speak :)
I take her back to TCH on Friday for a check up on her hemangioma with the dermatologist and to see the eye doctor, but it looks like it may have gotten better since our last visit (definitely has not gotten worse. I'm not worried about it but we'll continue to keep getting it checked out as long as the docs deem necessary.
I think that's all the high points from the past few weeks! I'll try to post more often - sometimes it's hard to remember what happened 2 weeks ago, lol!

No comments:
Post a Comment