Thursday, December 16, 2010

6 months old!!!

It's so hard to believe Madison was born 6 months ago today! Time really flies and I'm still amazed when I look at pictures from over the last 6 months and see how much she has changed! Her little personality has certainly presented itself in full force and is so much fun! I'd be lying if I said it wasn't challenging at times but it's so worth it!

So I was really convinced last week that she was teething, and maybe she was, but still no teeth. I guess it's the same concept as my wisdom teeth (that have never come in completely and have never needed to be pulled). Sometimes they bother me but usually they don't. Doesn't mean there's nothing going on in there! I guess only time will tell! I only had a few teeth by my first birthday and Danny had none (only 1 at 15 months in fact). I'm not looking forward to when they really come in considering how clingy and fussy she was last week, with nothing to show for it!

Last weekend was great! Danny's mom had some time off and offered to come visit to give us a break and boy was I glad! Not so much for the break but because we took family pictures/her 6 month pictures and it was definitely nice to have her there! I think it was a pretty successful shoot, but I don't know that it would have been without her there to help get smiles out of Madison. She was pretty tired towards the end but I think we got some cute shots. Haven't seen them yet but will definitely post on flickr once I do!

She still loves to sit up, but still topples every once in a while :) we actually tried a bath without the baby support bar for the first time today and she LOVED it! She splashes all around with both her hands and legs! She definitely likes to stay in the tub longer now too. I think we have a water baby for sure! I can't wait to take her to the ymca's indoor pool!

She's napping better now. She usually takes one super long nap mid-day and a few more short ones. But I've been keeping her home because I have noticed a difference in her home naps based on how much time she spends in day care. I'm also starting to seriously look at day care starting at 1 year. At least a part time program. I just can't dedicate enough time away from work to really give her all the attention she needs and obviously the social skills she would get there. I'm starting early in my search this time!

We've introduced a few more solids and I'm starting to think she only likes sweet potatoes! green beans are okay, she likes bananas but they do not like her, she didn't like pears, plums, or turkey. I think I will try peaches next. I'm kind of surprised that she is being a picky eater since she still takes any and all medicines, simethicone; etc like a champ! She is definitely starting to get jealous when she sees us eating or drinking though. She stares and reaches for everything! Sometimes she gets downright angry, lol! This week at day care one of the workers was eating some gold fish and Madison was trying to grab them. We joke with mary that she has moved from "princess" stage to "diva" for sure. The same day at day care she screamed in anger when the caretaker wouldn't let Madison put the workers badge in her mouth!

We just switched in to 6-9 month clothes (well pj's. She can still fit in to onesies and pants, they are just a little tight in the shoulders and barely long enough). In the 6-9 month pjs, her feet are already pushing at the bottom! I have feeling she won't be in this size long! We have her 6 month appointment tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting her length and weight! I will post an update then with her new stats :) it's funny- before becoming a parent I never understood or cared about stats when people talked to me about their kids, but I totally get it now!:)

Will post new pics soon also! Writing this blog mobile-y! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment