Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sitting pretty!

The weekend after Thanksgiving was another big one for Miss Madison! We went to the Miller Family T-Giving gathering in College Station. She was great the whole day and even napped a bit in her pack 'n play for the first time. The naps were not that great but part of it probably was all the noise in the house. Wish I would have remembered to bring her sound machine, but oh well! I think she enjoys "people watching," so she seemed to have a pretty good time! And of course, she wasn't lacking attention for 1 second :) She showed off her rolling skills and vocal abilities for everyone! I think she especially enjoyed tugging on her Uncle Eric's beard! :)



The week leading up to Thanksgiving, you could tell she was getting close to sitting up unassisted and she finally got it down on Sunday! She still topples to the side every once in a while (or backwards if she decides to look way up at something) but I can tell she's getting stronger every day). She got to sit outside in the grass for the first time while we watched Danny finish putting up the Christmas lights. I think she really enjoyed it :)


So, a few weeks ago when we started giving her more solids, I cut a few oz of formula off her daily intake and she didn't seem to mind until this week. She's been extra cranky after meals like she's still hungry and waking up between 4-6am (usually she wakes up at 7am on the dot). Up until Thursday night, she would wake up babbling at that time, and babble for around 30 minutes before finally falling back asleep, but Thursday night I actually had to go to her around 5:30am (so, technically Friday morning) and give her the pacifier and rock her back to sleep. Then Saturday morning was BRUTAL! She woke up terribly upset at around 3am. I changed her diaper, and after 45 minutes of rocking with the paci I was finally able to get her back to sleep. Then she woke up again at 5:30 - just babbling this time - so I decided to give her a little formula then rocked her back to sleep again. Thankfully, she went back to sleep until about 7:45am so I was able to get a little more rest. Danny worked intake that night so we were both beat on Saturday during the day! So, I'm not sure what's going on. She's also had some issues with the solid foods this week. She loved bananas but they didn't love her :( And she didn't like pears but I don't thinks he had enough to cause any tummy issues. Last night was better (we gave her extra formula during the day but she's still wanting to eat sooner between bottles than usual). I really think she's either going through a growth spurt, teething, or both. She's been biting down and sucking like crazy on EVERYTHING she can get in to her mouth - more so than usual!

"Aargh! Sooo hungry!"

Napping has been, well, interesting this week. Day care has been brutal! I usually take her 2 days/week for about 5 hrs at a time. Both days this week, she napped a TOTAL of 45 minutes the entire stay at day care (one 30 min nap, one 15 minute). If I keep her home, she will usually nap at least 45 minutes-1.5 hrs at each nap (and she would probably take 2 naps over that 5-6 hrs I would leave her at day care. She's had several great sleep days this week - especially today but I think that may be related to this growth spurt or whatever is going on - but days where she goes to day care are just plain awful. I think part of the problem is she doesn't go often enough to really get used to it and she's at the age where she wants to be involved in everything around her! I think the social aspect is really important but I can get more done if she takes solid naps at home than when she has crappy naps at day care, because once I do get her home she is CRANKY!! I tried taking her in the afternoon one day this week so she could nap well at home in the morning and once I brought her home I'd be off the clock so I wouldn't have to worry about her crankiness, but she was so tired at day care she wouldn't let the workers put her down, so I felt bad that they had to carry her around for hours! When she naps well, she's much happier when she's awake, meaning she will play by herself long enough for me to take a phone call if necessary. She's very clingy when she's tired! So, I think I need to resume my search for a babysitter a few days a week and I need to go ahead and put her on some waiting lists for part time day care once she's old enough (which I think is 1 yr). We went to a party this weekend where someone brought their 18 month old and as cute as she was, she made me realize working from home with Madison is going to get more and more difficult. This little girl was FEISTY! LOL!

Another change this weekend was we put her in to her big girl car seat! My Dad got it for us for Xmas but gave it to us early. She seems to like it just fine but I think the real test will be tomorrow since Danny won't be in the car with us and we have to drive all the way to Texas Children's hospital and back (another dermatologist check-up). The only think I don't like is it isn't recline as much so when she falls asleep her head slumps really bad :( I think I'll try a rolled up towel tomorrow.

Finally, Madison met Santa this weekend! He was at our local Ace Hardware! I was super pumped about this because the last thing I wanted to do was take Madison to the mall around a bunch of kids when she's already caught so many colds. It was a real low-key thing, which I liked! You got to take your own picture. She, of course, had NO clue what was going on but she didn't seem to mind it! Getting a smile was difficult but we managed! This was actually the first shot, but the ONLY smile :)




No comments:

Post a Comment