Friday, August 6, 2010

first week of work

So, the first few days trying to work from home with her were a little stressful, but mostly because my boss didn't seem to understand that I'd be working when she slept, even though it was his idea to begin with. I think he was just so happy to have me back that he wanted to call a bunch to see how things were going but once he realized he needed to leave me alone to make the most use out of the time I had available while she was sleeping things went better. I was actually able to meet my weekly goals by Wednesday morning so that was awesome! And it was really great since her naps have been getting increasingly shorter again as we've finished out the (work) week (sigh!) We have gone through 1 week of the zantac now. Things started out great but have gotten worse through the week and last night was really rough. She was up every 1.5 hrs :( And it was Danny's night! I was basically awake when he was though because she was crying so much. I swear it's just GAS and the fact that she can't seem to poop while she's asleep except on very rare, and unexplained, occasions. I don't know how to fix it. Hopefully she will grow out of this phase before too long. I realize the gas won't stop but maybe she will stop being so sensitive to it at some point??

We are super excited for Madison's first play date with her 3 month old (second) cousin Brittany tomorrow along with a double date for us parents in the evening while the family watches the girls! They all live in SA so we haven't seen each other since we both gave birth. Should be fun!

I'll finish off this post with some comparison shots to see how much she's grown!

3 wks: 7wks:


2 wks: 4wks:
7wks:


Also, I'm sure we've received several real smiles this week but of course I can't ever seem to catch them on camera! Exciting nonetheless :) I'm sure she'll be smiling and giggling a lot more before too long! And we've finally moved up to the 0-3 month clothes!!! They are still a little long but fit well in the tummy already - she's got a bit of a chubby belly :) We've got a lot more outfits to choose from now (which means less laundry -yay!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment