Today, her first nap was 2 hrs long and she started waking up just as I had to get on a conference call with my colleagues so I held her during the call, gave her a pacifier, and she drifted in/out of sleep for the next hour. She made several noises (from both ends) that definitely entertained everyone, so that was fun :) Her next nap was 2 hrs 45 min and then her last one was about 1.5 hrs. Bad part about the day was when she was awake, I couldn't get anything done work-wise. Usually, she will be entertained on the play mat for at least 15 minutes and she even stared at the mobile in her Pack N Play for about 30 minutes on Sunday when we set it up in the office. Today, she only wanted to stare at me and if I wasn't holding her she wasn't happy!
So, the only bad sleep so far today has been this evening. I put her down about 8pm and she woke up about 9pm with gas. I don't know if it's this soy but we cannot get a consistent bowel movement (sorry to bring that up again). She seemed like she almost had diarrhea towards the end of last week (I think because we were giving her karo a few times a day based on doctor recommendations), but she seemed happier then because she would actually sleep through a poop which hasn't happened since she was only a few weeks old. They usually scare her awake. Now, we are back to the more solid ones and they really upset her! The pediatrician said they would be more solid on soy but I think that if this is normal then that is crazy. Plus, they are solid for a week then soft for a 3-4 days then back to solid again. I don't get it! She's definitely taking in plenty of fluids. Her night sleeping stretches have been getting a bit shorter again but it's the worst while we are trying to feed her because that's when her body normally tries to push it out but she really struggles with it. So, I think we are going to go back to the Karo at least once a day now, regardless of the consistency.
So, between her naps and me continuing to work until about 6:30 this evening when I stopped to make dinner, I still haven't been able to put in a full days work. I can't stay up all night either, so hopefully she will start being more peaceful during her awake times soon so I can utilize that time a bit as well. Danny and I are starting a new routine where we alternate nights with her so at least one of us is getting a solid night's sleep; however, I still have to take the early morning feeding every day (which usually falls between 5-6am but it feel closer to 4am today) since he has to get up about 5:15am to get to work on time. It took me an hour to feed her and get her back to sleep and by then it was an awkward time where I couldn't decide if I should just stay up or try to go back to sleep for a bit longer. Well, I went back to sleep for about an hour but I guess in retrospect I may need to start utilizing those morning hours to do some work :(
So, now it's about 10:15pm and I can't decide if I should stay awake until her next feeding or try to go to bed for a bit. It's still not super-consistent! She could wake up in the next 30 minutes or wait another 2 hrs...
I'll post new pics ASAP but it's getting harder to update this thing as life gets busier. I've been trying to do this post since yesterday morning but get pulled away by something every time I sit down!
No comments:
Post a Comment