Sunday, August 8, 2010

Great weekend!

So, first off, you may have noticed I changed the main pic on this page because it is HUGE and I have no idea how to make it smaller and don't have time to figure it out. Since I think it's an adorable picture I really don't care that it's so big anyways :)

We had a really wonderful weekend! Friday night was rough from a sleep standpoint - she was getting up every 2 hours and it was my night :( Danny was tired from his night before being a bad night. Well, we had plans to head down to Sugar Land for the day since Danny's cousin Stephanie, her husband Robert, and their 3 month old cousin Brittany were in for the weekend from San Antonio. The guys had an 8:15am tee time so we had to get down there pretty early. Danny and I were exhausted but Madison actually woke up in a pretty good mood despite the poor sleep. And once Danny started golfing and I got over to the house to hang with the girls, everything got better :) We lugged Madison's swing over there since that's the only place we can get her to sleep. Knowing we were going to be there ALL day, I had to make sure she got sleep. Well, she napped better than she had in days! I told them I might have to drive down here in the middle of the night when she won't sleep since apparently she liked their house :) We had hoped to get Madison and Brittany in a pic with their opposing aTm and UT cheerleading outfits (Steph and Robert are die-hard longhorns!) but the girls were literally on complete opposite schedules the whole day! But we had fun trying out each other's stuff (like Brittany in Madison's swing and Maddie in her high chair and bouncer) and me and Stephanie can talk for hours, so it was a lot of fun. When the guys got back from golfing we took a girls trip (without the babies) to Babies R Us to do a little shopping! :) Madison got a high chair like the one Brittany has which is AWESOME! It straps on to a regular chair and reclines back so we can feed her in there! It's so much more comfortable than trying to feed her in your lap. She's less squirmy and seems to drink better in there. It's especially great for night feedings because I've nearly fallen asleep with her on the couch with the bottle in her mouth many times! I guess I get too comfortable. And since the major smiles seemed to happen when she's in the chair I thinks he likes it too! She has been doing little "maybe" smiles for about 1 week now but yesterday she gave us some "no doubt about it" ones and was smiling all day today! I LOVE it :)

So, she also got a bouncer yesterday! We have an infant to toddler rocker chair but it doesn't bounce, and she's too small to really use the rocking feature so she doesn't really like it right now. She LIVED in it the first few weeks - hopefully she'll come to like it again. She seems to really like her new bouncer, and she should - this thing is PLUSH!! :)



And it has an infant insert cushion that we can take out and put in her hammock/bassinet thing so she's held even snugger in there. We tried it out today and she's napped better than she has in probably 1 month!! She hasn't touched the swing once today. It's been AWESOME!! The first nap of the day was 2.5 hours, 2nd was 2:45 and the last was 2:15 :) She's back down for the night now and is going on 2:30 so far.


We also found a pacifier she seems to like more now (she always spit out the soothie ones that are supposed to be so great that they give you in the hospital). The few times she started to stir during her naps we just stuck the paci in and she would go back to sleep! I know this could just be a good couple of days and it may not last, but I'm praying it does! We also switched to the Dr. Brown bottles. I've decided that her problems are probably just really bad gas and a sensitive tummy - I don't know that the Zantac is helping her at all. She seems to do a lot better with these new bottles. With the Avent ones (which were supposed to be great for gas) she seemed to suck a lot more air in and get much more fussy during feedings. Between the bottles and the high chair making her sit more up-right during feedings, we've noticed a big difference.


So, we ended the day yesterday by going on a little double-date while the family watched Madison and Brittany. We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory and get dessert - YUMMY! We had an early dinner so it was probably 8'ish when we went out. Most people are age would probably be ordering drinks with their dessert but we were all so beat that we got coffee :) And we tried to take another family pic without me being in a t-shirt and with Maddie being older but of course she was conked out the only opportunity we had, lol! Still a cute pic...



I should probably head to bed now since she'll be waking up soon for another feeding. I hope the rest of this week goes as well (sleep and temperament-wise) as this weekend did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment