So, the latest update is we are still having problems with gas/her sleeping and she's really difficult to feed (she will want the bottle then push it away after a few seconds, arch her back, kick her legs, and cry until you give the bottle back and then she does it all over again and again until she completely rids herself of the gas that's bothering her). Her naps the past week have been only about 45 min on average. Last night we finally had to resort to putting her in her swing to sleep and that seems to be helping but literally 2-3 weeks ago she was sleeping (in her bassinet) anywhere I put it in the house and didn't have to be swaddled during the day. She's been napping in the swing today and I will probably put her back in there tonight since Danny is working intake tonight and I'm completely on my own. I'm going to use what I know works!! We've been on the soy for 3 weeks and although it's helped with the vomiting, her sleeping has gotten worse. She will wake up from a deep sleep (night or day), SCREAMING, and it's all because of gas. Once I pick her up and she finally relieves herself, she will calm down a bit. However, if she wakes up 1.5 hrs after her last feeding, I usually can't get her to calm down enough to last until when her next feeding should be (she'll demand to be fed right then or maybe I can push it to two hours). So, her feeding has been really erratic too. All this points to reflux, so I took her back to the doc today and he thinks it's probably reflux also (he doesn't think it's just colic since it's not a pattern of crying that lasts for hours on end, like every evening), so we are trying the baby Zantac. I'd really like for her to be able to a) nap during the day so I can get some work done and so she's a happier baby when she's awake and b) hopefully go back to sleeping in her bassinet and/or crib. If we ever go out of town, it would be a lot easier to pack up the bassinet than the swing! So, he said we should hopefully notice a difference in a week or so. Cross your fingers!! Oh, and she weighs 9lbs now!! If it truly is reflux, it's certainly not keeping her from gaining weight, so that's good :) She's still not ready for all those cute 0-3 month clothes I've got, but she's getting close.
Here's a few new pics:
Yawn...
No comments:
Post a Comment