Friday, July 9, 2010

Update on Week 3 post

So, the first night on the soy and with the angled bassinet went very well. Second night (last night), back to where we started :( She was up all night wanting to eat and pass a bowel movement. I think she was literally trying to pass it for 12 hrs! And she would cry and cry trying to push until she'd eventually fall asleep (in my arms). I would put her in her bassinet and 10-20 minutes later she was back up again. She would never eat a full feeding - I assume because her tummy was upset - so she would eat a little bit every 1-1.5 hrs and try as a I might to keep her up to eat more, it was impossible. She finally crashed this morning around 8:30am - immediately after she finally got it out!! It was a thicker consistency than when she was on the regular formula, almost clay-like, and the ped said it would be a harder stool on the soy. So I don't think she's technically "constipated." She did have another small movement a few hours after the first with much less fussing involved. They say that anytime you switch formula, you need to give your baby 1 week to adjust. This is going to be a rough week...the good news is she is spitting up much less now. Please pray that her little body adjusts soon so we can all feel better!! There is nothing worse than seeing your baby cry and not being able to help her :(

No comments:

Post a Comment